Mrs. Sujata Sunil Rajpurkar
Department of Library, Librarian
Qualification: B.com, M.L.I.Sc. UGC Net
Significant contribution in the field of Library and Information Science:
- Created digital library on the topic ‘Women and IT’, During the M.L.I.Sc. Course, is a good reference for student pursuing B.L.I.Sc. Course.
- Organized one day seminar on the topic, ‘Convergence of ICTs in Libraries’ in the year 2008 at Smt. Kapila Khandwala College of Education.
- Pursuing Ph.D. on the topic ‘Information seeking behaviour of B.Ed. students in education colleges in Mumbai’ from SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai under the guidance of Dr. Sushama Powdwal.
- organized one day seminar in association with SHPT School of library Science PSA on the topic, ‘LIS Profession: Emerging Trends & Challenges’ on July 4, 2013 at Burhani College of Commerce and Arts, Mumbai 400010.
Publications: Conference/seminar Proceeding
- ‘Information Literacy and optimizing the Use’ One day national seminar on Post-Modernization of Libraries: Challenges and Opportunities on 25th Nov. 2011 Organized by Department of Library and Information Science V.P.M’s Joshi-Bedekar College, ISBN 978-81-922741-0-2 pg. no.10-17
- ‘Credit Based Semester System and Library Services: issues and challenges’ Two days national Seminar on ‘Fostering Credit based semester system- challenges and opportunities’ organized by Smt. Kapila Khandwala College of Education, on 23-24th April 2012. ISBN 978-81-924258-1-8 pg. no. 157-162.
- ‘Quality in higher education-changing role of libraries’ NAAC sponsored national seminar on ‘Nurturing quality in higher education’ Organized by Pushpanjali College of Education, Vasai held on 1st, 2nd march 2013.
- ‘Cloud computing and Libraries’- 5th National research conference on ‘Library: a temple of learning & Knowledge house’ organized by Guru Nanak Institute of Management Studies on 1st 2014. ISBN: AA978-81-910922-8-8
- Contributed and published chapter in edited book on “ Best Practices in Academic libraries” published by ESS publication, New Delhi, Chief Editor, Dr. Shilpa Waghchoure.
- ‘Digitization projects: issues and challenges’ State level Two days seminar organized by SNDT Women’s University Library, Mumbai on the topic ‘Academic libraries in the electronic era (ALEE 2012): electronic resource development and access’ on January 17-18, 2012.
Participated and presented papers in various seminars and workshops.
- Participated in One Day Seminar cum Workshop on “New Dimensions in Academic Libraries using E-Resources & E-Services” on 31st January 2015, at Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering, Bandra, Mumbai.
- Submitted paper in two days national conference organized by of Library and Information Science, Aggarwal College, Ballabgarh, Haryana, on “Library Automation: Issues and Remedies in Present Scenario” in collaboration with University Grants Commission, New Delhi on March 27-28,2015 . The paper titled” Management of Library in new Digital Environment”
- Submitted paper on ‘Role of Information Literacy and Library in controlling quality in Education’ in the two days national Conference organized by St. Xaviers institute of Education and Research on 19th and 20th March 2015.
- Participated in NAAC Sponsored one day national seminar organized by Hansraj Jivandas College of Education on 29th March, 2014 on the topic ‘Benchmarking for excellence in higher education’.
- Participated in one day state level seminar on the topic ‘Library as a source of information & Knowledge’ organized by SIA College of higher education Dombivali on 31st August 2013.
- Participated in one day seminar on e-content organized by informatics at Juhu, held on 16 Oct. 2012.
- Attended a half day workshop on API score for librarians organized by J.M. Patel College of Commerce, Goregaon held on 29th 2012.
- Participated in the ten days workshop on Research methodology organized by SNDT
women’s University, Mumbai held on 14th2011 to 25th Nov. 2011.
- Participated in the two days workshop on ‘Conservation and preservation of Archival material and manuscripts, at Jawaharlal Nehru Library, Univ. Of Mumbai on 24th & 25th 2010.
- Attended N-List awareness programme (Sponsored by Inflibnet) at SNDT Women’s Univ.
Church gate on 25th 2010.
- Participated in two days National Conference on ‘Collection development of resources in electronic environment’ on 17th &18th 2011 at Gokhale Education Society’s College of Education and Research.