“A commitment to guide our students to achieve excellence through holistic education”
Our Mission :
- To mould students to be morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired, by Christian principles, to be responsible citizens of India and the world.
- To enable students realise their full potential in academic, cultural and sporting pursuits.
- To foster a scientific temper and encourage students to adopt a rational approach to solve problems.
- To empower students to be good leaders who will spread the light of knowledge, harmony and equality in all spheres of life.
- To equip students with the required knowledge and skills to face the challenges of the real world
- In working towards realizing our Vision and Mission, we at St. Andrew’s College of Arts, Science and Commerce have set for ourselves the following objectives of education.
- Impart quality education by providing an environment conducive to teaching and learning.Improve student performance at examinations.
- Recognize and encourage excellence in academics, cultural and sports activities.
- Encourage and assist research activities.
- Cultivate leadership qualities.
- Provide opportunities for team building, setting and achieving targets.
- Connect the world of academics with the world of work.
- Inculcate a sense of discipline, social responsibility and community service.
- Imbibe secular principles and respect for each other’s faiths and ideologies.
- Transform our students into competent and confident, sensitive and conscientized young men and women.
Against the scenario of darkness that has engulfed the human horizon due to ignorance, oppression, corruption, denial of justice and human rights, inhuman treatment of women, drugs, alcoholism, depicted by the dark background on the crest, there is light which dispels the gloominess of our world and herald’s joys and peace. It is the light of Jesus Christ, represented by the white host, who said, “He who follows me will not walk in darkness”.
The patron of our college, St. Andrew, conscious of the social dimension of the gospel, dared to share the light of Christ with others. His death is signified by the red diagonal Cross. The crest embodies our sincerity to enlighten the darkness that clouds our environment, by striving to live lives built on love and service.
Let St. Andrew’s College be widely known and appreciated for the fibre and sinew of moral and intellectual strength of the academic community, which it is privileged to house and nourish, and for its efforts to dispel darkness and brighten the lives of our sisters and brothers around us.