Bachelor of Commerce:
|Ms. Charmaine Braganza||M. Com. (H.O.D) [On FIP leave]|
|Ms. Desiree Gonsalves||M. Com., D.B.M. [On FIP leave]
|Dr.(Ms.) Harmeet Kaur Bhasin||M.Com. , B.Ed., SET, Ph.D.
|Mr. Fenil Dedhia||M.Com, N.E.T (Commerce)|
|Ms. Varsha Sonawane||M.Com, N.E.T (Commerce)|
Bachelor of Commerce
Academic Year 2014-2015
Guest Lectures on:
- Current Trends in the Stock Market by Ex Andrean Nigel D’Souza- Anchor and Research Analyst, CNBC
- Creative Content in Digital Marketing by Carlton D’Silva, Ex-Andrean and CCO of Hungama
- Ex-Andrean Brian Pinto of Royal Bank of Scotland, and Manchester based spoke to TYB.Coms on Interviews and conducted a Mock Interview.
- A Career workshop on possible careers in Finance, Marketing, Management and Banking was conducted for TY’s by FINPLAN and SPICE.
Competitions and Ad film screening
- Students creativity encouraged by Shooting an Advertising Commercial
- An Essay writing competition – Topic – “ Impact of the present political environment on the future of the service sector in India”
Documentaries And Short Videos Screened
- Brand Retail Future
- Science Of Persuasion
- ATM Scam Videos
- How To Prevent Credit Card Frauds
- Digital Marketing
- Philip Kotler On Marketing
- The Best Ad Commercials
- Winning TVCS
Academic year 2013-2014
- Inter-class business Quiz Competition
- A field trip to R.B.I.
- Powerpoint Presentation on E-Commerce
- Guest lecture on ‘Depository and Dematerialisation of Shares
Academic year 2012-2013
- Guest lecture on ‘Depository and Dematerialisation of Shares’
- Guest lecture on Career Options by the ‘Times Group’
- PowerPoint Presentation on Consumer Movement and Business Environment
- Guest lecture for H.S.C. students on ‘Preparing for the Board Exams’
- Commerce Wallpaper which displayed current topics related to Commerce and Business.
Academic year 2011-2012
- Guest lectures on various issues related to Computer Science
- A lecture for H.S.C. students on ‘Preparing for the Board Exams’
- Guest lecture on “Company Secretary as a Career Option’
- Commerce Wallpaper where info. about various commerce topics are displayed.
- Power – Point presentation related to Advertising, Insurance & Business
- Guest lecture on Career Options
- Guest lecture on Soft skills & Retail trade .
ACTIVITIES OF COMMERCE DEPARTMENT.- 2018-19
Shoot an ad competition
Storyboard making competition
Poster ad. making competition
The Commerce Department organized ARTvertice a competition on 8th Feb 2019 where Art meets commerce. Students from S.Y.BA and S.Y.B.COM C were invited to participate in the contest. This contest gave an opportunity to taste the blend of different disciplines. The contest aimed at stimulating and encouraging creative ideas among young minds that can sustain and sell. Artvertices had three competitions -Shoot an ad, Story board making, Poster ad making .(Aniket Patil and Ashmi Sheth from S.Y.BA won the award for “Best Creative Ad film and Best Story Board, Carol Paul from S.Y.BA won the Best Print poster Ad)
12 -09- 2018
Guest Lecture by Leandro D’silva “The power of transformation communication in teams”
Mr. Leandro D’silva was invited to give lecture on “TRANSFORMATIONAL COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP” on 12th Sept 2018. The talk focussed on how transformational leaders communicate with their employees and work with them to bring about a change, through inspiration and intellectual stimulations.
09 -01- 2019
Guest Lecture by Niranjan Mendonca “ A Career in Banking and recent trends in HR”
A guest lecture on “HR and Banking as a Career” was also organized where Mr. Niranjan Mendonca guided the students on future career options in Human Resource Management and Banking. The Lecture was conducted on 9th Jan 2019.
Guest Lecture by Sheldon D,souza “ The making of an Ad Campaign”
Mr. Sheldon D’souza conducted a lecture cum workshop on “The Making of an ad campaign” on 17th Jan 2019. This lecture helped students to understand the process of visualizing and producing an ad campaign.
Short video screening
Short videos on topics related to Advertising, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Retail and Export marketing were screened for students of B.COM and B.A which helped them to understand the different aspects and techniques of Advertising and Marketing in the commercial world. The following videos were screened -Technologies of future retail, Memory mirror and shopping, Virtual dressing room technology, The store of modern times, Psychology and Advertising, Nike Marketing Strategy, Retail Future, Ads that failed, The latest technology in Retail, Creative Advertising Pitch
Commerce Department – Activities for Academic year 2019-20
Guest Lecture – 17 Dec 2019
Guest Lecture cum workshop by Mr. Kosal Malladi, General Manager, Maidson Media on “Careers in advertising” on 17 Dec 2019
Guest Lecture by Ex Andrean Brendon D’souza, V. P colours ,”Mid East/South Africa, Ad Sales , Marketing Brand engagement “ on Careers in Media” on 16 December 2019.
Screening of videos in relation to Marketing, Advertising and Retail
Activities undertaken under COMFEST in collaboration with MCOM
20 Jan 2020 —– Motivational Talk by Kuntal Joisher
This motivational talk bought in a insight on how one should be determined for the goal in his life. Students got inspired by Kuntal determination and strong desire and passion to achieve its goal.
Winners of the Click a pic competition along with the OC of Comfest
20 Jan 2020 ——- Ad Mad Show- Shoot a ad Competition
20 Jan 2020 ——- Click a Pic Competition
21 Jan 2020 – Business Quiz competition
The competition’s final round was held on 21 Jan 2020. The participant teams had to make it through brain storming rounds to grab a place. It compromised of a mix bag of challenges such as MCQs, Buzzer Round and ‘Guess the Personality’, associate the news with the company, recall the CEO, LOGO , making of LOGOs of different brands etc. all of which were aimed at testing the participants’ mental ability and speed.
21 Jan 2020 – LOGO Making Competition
The students participated in creativity competition of LOGO making. On the spot they were given the topic to make LOGO for the college and Commfest. Students showed their talents of creativity and marketing.
22 Jan 2020 ——-Shark Tank- A unique business Idea
Students came up with unique business ideas. They did a presentation to impress the venture capitalist. The ideas which they presented were not assumptions but they were really working on them.
22 Jan 2020 ——- Crazy Marketing Competition
Students in team showed their talents and creativity in marketing a silly product given to them on the spot. They used the tools of role play and advertising.
22 Jan 2010—— Guest Lecture by Pratiksha Rajendra Kavade on “Start up initiatives”
She gave an insight of how to go about setting up a start up and following it up. She gave the ground realities students will face while being budding Entrepreneurs. She also systematically gave the idea of overcoming some of the obstacle which will help them to sustain in market