Objective of Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension (DLLE):
- To develop among students a sense of responsibility towards society.
- To prepare students for a greater social commitment.
- To enhance student employability skills.
- To cater to the needs of the unreached for promoting knowledge based society.
- To network with Governmental and Non-governmental agencies, international organizations as well as industries.
- To deepen the teacher and student knowledge through a wider exposure to real life situations through a variety of programs.
- To develop entrepreneurship and leadership skills among students.
- To brief students towards role of women in the society.
- To develop public relations.
- To relate with common man and study their problems.
St. Andrew's College - DLLE
St. Andrew’s College of Arts, Science and Commerce has become a part of DLLE from the year 2017-18.
In its first year of Extension Activity, 137 students registered with the Department of Lifelong Learning
and Extension, University of Mumbai. The College has opted for 3 projects out of 6 projects offered by
- Career Project (CP),
- Anna Poorna Yojana (APY)
- Survey of Women’s Status (SWS).
Past Year's Performance
In the second year (i.e. 2018-19) of Extension Activity 217 students registered with the Department of
Lifelong Learning and Extension, University of Mumbai. The same 3 projects were continued during year.
DLLE has conducted many activities such as Essay writing, Poster making, elocution competition, quiz competition,
field visit, guest talk, social awareness activities, participation in Walkathon & Marathon conducted by
NGO for social cause, Workshops, participation in Beach cleanup, etc. Theme of the competitions and
activities are related to social issues, awareness and women’s issues.