Objective of Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension (DLLE):
- To develop among students a sense of responsibility towards society.
- To prepare students for a greater social commitment.
- To enhance student employability skills.
- To cater to the needs of the unreached for promoting knowledge based society.
- To network with Governmental and Non-governmental agencies, international organizations as well as industries.
- To deepen the teacher and student knowledge through a wider exposure to real life situations through a variety of programs.
- To develop entrepreneurship and leadership skills among students.
- To brief students towards role of women in the society.
- To develop public relations.
- To relate with common man and study their problems.
St. Andrew's College - DLLE
St. Andrew’s College of Arts, Science and Commerce has become a part of DLLE from the year 2017-18.
In its first year of Extension Activity, 137 students registered with the Department of Lifelong Learning
and Extension, University of Mumbai. The College has opted for 3 projects out of 6 projects offered by
- Career Project (CP),
- Anna Poorna Yojana (APY)
- Survey of Women’s Status (SWS).
Past Year's Performance
In the second year (i.e. 2018-19) of Extension Activity 217 students registered with the Department of
Lifelong Learning and Extension, University of Mumbai. The same 3 projects were continued during year.
DLLE has conducted many activities such as Essay writing, Poster making, elocution competition, quiz competition,
field visit, guest talk, social awareness activities, participation in Walkathon & Marathon conducted by
NGO for social cause, Workshops, participation in Beach cleanup, etc. Theme of the competitions and
activities are related to social issues, awareness and women’s issues.
Every year DLLE students attend and participate in annual inter collegiate festival “UDAAN: the flight of
Extension” organized by University of Mumbai. In the year 2018-19 St. Andrew’s College won the 1st
Prize in UDAAN Festival for Poster making competition.