The Grenville & Vinita Solomon Academic Scholarship program of Rs. 1,00,000
St Andrew’s College is delighted to offer The Grenville & Vinita Solomon Academic Scholarship program (‘The Scholarship program’) of Rs 1 lakh, which is provided due to the generous endowment from Grenville and Vinita Solomon. Each academic year three high ranking students who wish to study commerce- B.Com, B.Com (Accounts and Finance), B.Com (Banking and Insurance) and Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) will be selected for the Scholarship program.
Mr Grenville Solomon is an alumnus of St Andrew’s passing out in 1987. He is a Chartered Accountant, who worked at Arthur Andersen (India and Singapore), Morgan Stanley (Hong Kong and London) and has co-founded his own hedge fund. Mr. Grenville and his wife Vinita currently engage in philanthropy. Their contribution will offer a scholarship program for students wishing to study at St Andrew’s with an objective of supporting them to become leaders in the future.
Grenville and Vinita Solomon Academic Scholarship offers Rs 100,000 to each student for the completion of the three-year commerce degree course at St Andrew’s College. Rs 30,000 will be allocated to the first and second year each and the balance Rs 40,000 in the final year.
Value of the Scholarship:
- Funding for full college fees for the period of 3 years to pursue the college degree starting with First Year.
- Amount shall be given to pay for books, courses and other supporting educational material.
- Amount to be paid to attend external classes.
In addition to the above, the Scholarship Program will also provide:
- Mentoring and development through regular guidance and support which can be done through various channels of communication.
- Introduction to business opportunities along with interviews with industry leaders to provide career guidance and goal setting. Personal grooming through experts as well as internship opportunities during vacation.
- Eligibility to apply for funding for postgraduate studies.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- A Shortlist of candidates will be selected from the applications with the high academic performance in Year 12. A final list of 3 candidates will be awarded the Scholarship.
- Participation in extra-curricular activities and sports will be positive in selection.
- The Student must be committed to achieving their education goals.
- The Student must maintain high standards in academics and project high values being ambassadors of St Andrew’s College. Failure to do so will result in withdrawal of scholarship benefits.
- The Student should not be availing any other Scholarship benefits.
- Students of all communities are eligible.
- The Student shall complete all three-years at St Andrew’s College itself otherwise the scholarship shall be withdrawn.