We, at St Andrew’s College of Arts, Science & Commerce have been in forefront in transforming students into powerful leaders with our expert student oriented services. As by popular request by parents, students and all stakeholders involved, We offer a Comprehensive course to Competitive Exams.
Every year lakhs of positions in state and central government are filled through competitive recruitment exams conducted by PUPSC, MPSC, Staff Selection Commission, IBPS, Railways, RBI and others. Given the very competitive nature of these exams, students need to start their preparation early.
Who should attend ?:
This program is ideal for undergraduate students from any discipline.
The syllabus is divided into two major parts, namely:
- General Studies Paper-I
- General Studies Paper-II
The above mentioned papers are further classified into various topics as listed below and both papers need 50 hours of Training in total.
General Studies Paper-I
Training Duration: 30 Hours
- Current events of National & International importance.
- History of India & Indian National Movement.
- Indian & World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India & the World.
- Indian Polity & Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic & Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion,
- Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity & climate change – that do not require subject specialization.
General Studies Paper-II
Training Duration: 20 Hours
- Logical reasoning & analytical ability.
- Decision making & problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers & their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level).
Competitive exams Training lays a solid foundation for various competitive recruitment exams. It covers key topics common to all competitive recruitment Exams. Participants develop insightful understanding of these exams and can make them into a potential career avenue leading to fulfilling careers immediately after their graduation. As most of the syllabus for these exams is common, students can appear for various exams. They can make brilliant, rewarding careers while serving the nation. This preparation helps in various competitive entrance exams for MBA, Law, etc. This preparation develops their command of the English language, reasoning ability, critical thinking and quantitative ability needed to succeed in numerous other careers.
A career in civil services gives you the opportunity to participate in governance and making important policy decisions for the country. There is immense prestige and power attached to the services and one travels the lengths and breadths of the country meeting different types of people often listening to their problems and come up with solutions to resolve those problems. Thus, it has immense opportunities to fulfil desire to provide social service to people in need and serving your country. Entry to these are based on one of the toughest exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).