M.A, M.Phil, SET
Minor Research Project on’ Gender and Sexuality in the Plays of Mahesh Dattani’ 2012-14.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘A Wife’s Revenge? : A Study of Self and Identity in Manju Kapur’s A Married Woman’ at the Staff Advancement Seminar at St. Andrew’s College in April 2007( the paper was subsequently published in Pragati, St. Andrew’s journal)
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Teachers and Technology’ at the 6th International and 42nd Annual ELTAI Conference on ‘Teacher Development at VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, 15-18 June 2011.
- Presented a paper entitled “From Innocence to Experience: Decoding Comics” at ‘ Katha Yatra: Journey of Folktales’, an international conference on children’s literature at ELTIS, Symbiosis, Pune, 25-26 November 2011.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘A Class Act: Raj Rao’s The Boyfriend’ at the International Conference on Language, Literature and Culture, organised by the Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune, 10-12 December, 2012.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Pretty Woman: A Rescue Story, Hollywood Style’ at the Staff Advancement Seminar at St. Andrew’s College in April 2014.
- ‘Subverting Patriarchy through the Power of Narrative in Naga-Mandala’ at national seminar on ‘Social Transformation in Modern India’ at L.J.N.J. Mahila, Vile Parle on 1 April 2015.
- “The Cinderella Project” published in the journal ‘Reality and Fantasy in Children’s
- Literature published by St. Andrew’s College, Bandra (West), January 2008.
- “Race and More: A Review of ‘Crash’ (2005)” published in Research Horizons, Vol – 4,Vallabhai Road, Vile Parle (West), Maniben Nanavati Women’s College, July 2009.
- “Will the Real Man Please Stand Up?: The Construction of Gender in Mahesh Dattani’s Dance Like a Man” (256-26), published in Insights into Indian English Fiction and Drama, Ed. Capt. Arvind M. Nawale, Published by Access ISBN 978-81-921254-3-5 in 2012.
- “True Lies: Communication and Interpersonal Conflict in Mahesh Dattani’s Bravely Fought the Queen” (133-142), published in Emergent Trends and Issues in Indian English Drama, Ed. Abha Shukla Kaushik, published by Aadi Publications Jaipur ISBN: 978-93-80902-99-9, in 2012.
- “When Caste Comes Calling: A Study of caste Conflict in Vijay Tendulkar’s Kanyadaan” (174-185), published in Contemporary Indian Drama in English, Ed. Jaydip Sarkar, Published by Delta Book World ISBN 978-81-926244-0-2 in 2013.
- “Using Drama in the ELT Classroom”, published as conference proceedings, International Conference on Empowering the English Language Classroom (18th-19th January 2013 at MNIT, Jaipur), published by Excellent Publishing House, New Delhi ISBN 978-93-81583-84-5.
- “Problematising the Effectiveness of Effective Communication” (p. 90-92), published in the International Journal of Research, Vol.3, JUL-DEC 2013, Published by Rizvi College ISSN 2231-6124.
- ‘Had Antigone Been a Man..’. published in IJELLH (International Journal of Englishlanguage, Literature and Humanities) ISSN-2321-7065 28 December 2014
- ‘A Class Act: Raj Rao’s The Boyfriend’ published in Muse India: The Literary e-journal ISSN 7905-1815
- ‘Being ‘It’ in Mahesh Dattani’s Seven Steps Around the Fire’ published in ResearchInnovator – Vol. II, Issue I – February 2014
- Of Deceit, Lies and Such in Mahesh Dattani’s ‘On a Muggy Night in Mumbai’ in Research Journal of English Language and Literature (RJELAL), a peer-reviewed, refereed, international journal, Vol. 3, Issue. 4, 2015 (Oct- Dec).
Academic Contribution and Extension Activities:
- Worked as Item Writer for the Question Bank Project for the Staff Selection Commission in November 2009. Supplied multiple choice questions for the General English paper for the Civil Service exams conducted by the SSC
- Examiner for the General English Paper of the Banking Exam conducted by IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) in 2012-13.
- On Syllabus Revision Committees for Business Communication (F:Y:B.Com), Communication Skills (F.Y.B.A) and M:A (Part I)
- Paper-setter, examiner and moderator for English paper VI at Mumbai University
- Faculty for Certificate courses in Functional Proficiency Certificate Course conducted by the Department of English, University of Mumbai, 2014.