|Ms. Meena Khairnar (C.H.B)|
Academic year 2010-11
1. The Hindi department celebrated Kabir Jayanti, Guru Purnima , Teacher’s day. “Hindi Diwas” was celebrated on 14 September 2010.
2. The department also celebrated “Gandhi Jayanti” on 3 October 2010
Academic year 2011-12
1. The Hindi Department conducted different activities throughout the academic year 2011-12.The aim of conducting these activities was to help students discover their latent talent and to make them confident of public speaking.
a. Presentations on Important Lessons for board examination were conducted in the S.Y.J.C. classes of Commerce and Science.These sessions received good response from the students.
b. Poems Recitation on “Kabirvani” and Elocution competition on “Teacher’s Day.”(Guru Purnima) was conducted for the students of S.Y.J.C. Arts, Commerce and Science.
2. Postermaking competition was conducted for F.Y.J.C. and S.Y.J.C, the theme was “SARVADHARMASAMBHAV.”
3. On 20th December,2011 Hindi Day celebrated at St.Andrew’s Junior College.The activities were focused towards paying tributes to the great poets and authors of Hindi Literature. Students did research on these personalities and presented their works in brief to the audience. We also had competitions like Essay, Elocution, Mehandi and Rangoli.
4. The day was great success and the Department plans to add more activities next year, with contributions from teachers and students.
Academic year 2012-13
1. The department celebrated Kabir Jayanti on July 10,2012. On this occasion, students made presentation on Kabir’s life, his literature and also recited some of his “dohas”.
2. Hindi elocution competition was conducted to celebrate Gurupurnima on July 12, 2012.
3. “Hindi Diwas” was celebrated on Sept 14, 2012. The department also conducted “Nari Shiksha Abhiyan” in the memory of the great social reformer Mahatma Phule.
Academic year 2013-14
1. The department of Hindi celebrated Kabirjayanti in month of August. Students took part in elocution and poem telling competition. F.Y.J.C. students gave Power Presentation on Gandhi and his life related to education, Mother Terasa and her selfless duty for society and Industrial Revolution and progress in India.
2. S.Y.J.C. students made posters on Environment Day in Hindi. They also presented side effect of chemical on human life, which was related to their syllabus.
Hindi Day was celebrated on September 20, 2013. The theme of the day was “Crime against women and self-defence.” On this occasion department also conducted Rangoli competition, Mehandi Competition, pot painting, Bollywood dances, Power point presentations related with famous Hindi writers and skit. The activities were focused towards students’ talent and reflection on Hindi language. Students tried to present the old melodies to new modern dances and Hindi film songs and change in that. Various events like Mehandi, Rangoli, Pot painting and skit competition were also held